A picture is worth a thousand words
Lilly Cottage started out as a one room fishing cottage on an entirely different island than where it now sits. It’s humble beginnings started some 150+ years ago, but then it was dragged across the ice one winter, to it’s current location, about 80 years ago. The property was in the family for most of this time, taking a short absence when it was sold about 10-15 years ago to an “outsider”.
The 14 month long reconstruction began with the purchase in January of 2008, to bring it back into Gina’s family... for good. The sunsets here are reason enough to come, but there is so much more on the pleasant little island of Isle Madame.
With two patios now (one wood on the water side, one patio-stone on the sheltered garden side), the cottage offers several options for enjoying the views. And yes, we are on a protected cove of the ocean, not a lake, though it can be like glass at certain times of the day, as seen in some of our pictures.
The cottage renovations became a labour of love for the owners as they have tried to maintain a certain level of that “Summer Cottage” ambiance, while updating items such as the full 3 piece bath including soaker tub, the granite kitchen countertop, and 5 appliances.
What the cottage offers:
• 1 Queen size bed in the main bedroom
• 1 Double (also referred to as Full) size bed in the second
• This is rounded off by the Double size pull-out couch in
the living room to provide sleeping for up to 6. There is also a blow up single sized air mattress stored at the cottage for that extra visitor.
• Full 3 pc Bathroom (shower & soaker tub combined)
• Full size washer-dryer for those unexpected cleaning
• Fridge, stove, microwave, coffee maker and more
• All utensils, flatware and dishes you should need
• Linens for all sleeping accommodations and towels for
• Television and stereo with basic Cable TV and DVD
• Internet access, both wired and wireless
• Telephone (for local or 911 calls only)
Are we missing anything? Just ask, we may be able to provide it.